What would be a good solution to the following problems?
Through the digitising of documents, the various parties above can solve their problem:
- An organisation responsible for the preservation and safe storage of
numerous historical documents has to deal with a mountain of documents and
paperwork. As the years go on, the number swelled and it becomes too overwhelming
for the staff to record, to store and to retrieve. They are also fast running out
space to store boxes after boxes of paper.
- A medical institution has preserved all its archival documents since it became
fully operational. The historical medical archives, which stretches back to the
19th century, are of considerable scientific value. Not just that, the hospital
also has to handle the increasing numbers of patients and their particulars and
medical histories. Most of the records are on paper, making it hard to store
and to retrieve. As some of the information is classified, only those who have been
authorised can view the documents.
- A company has decided to upgrade the skills of existing workers and is planning
on enrolling them into various courses and training. However, as the company's
human resources are vast, it becomes hard to keep track which staff has benefited
from which course and who are the ones who have not been sent.
Are you facing similar problems above and the answer to your problem could be the move
from paper documents to electronic documents? If so, please don't hesisate to
- The archival organisation, by scanning all their documents into images and
storing them on CDs, are able to save place and retrieve information much faster.
This makes way for better customer services and also prevents accidental damage or
loss of historical documents.
- The hospital, by digitising their medical archives and patient particulars, are
able to store them on CDs. The hospital staff can use a special software to view
the information and only authorised staff can view classified information. By
storing on CDs, retrieval of patient's information is much faster, which is particularly
important during an emergency.
- The company, by digitising the staff's dossiers, are able to reduce the space
needed to store the various personnel data and cut down on the amount of manual
work required in the human resource department.